French Couscous Salad
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup plain quick-cooking couscous
- 1/2 cup raisins (regular or golden)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh mint, parsley, or a combination
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, cut into strips.
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth, water, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Stir in raisins; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a serving bowl, stir together the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
3. Fluff the couscous with a fork. Add the green onions, parsley, and red pepper strips to the couscous; stir gently to combine. Add the couscous mixture to the dressing in the serving bowl; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. Stir well before serving.
Ready to eat!