Grilled John Dory with Lemon & Marjoram
- 2 whole John Dory approx. 700g – defrosted
- 1 lemon – cut in half & grilled
- Fresh marjoram
- Bay Leaf
- Olive oil
- Salt & black pepper
1. Rinse the John Dory in cold water and then dry thoroughly. Remove the head and cut the fin with scissors.
2. Cut a few diagonal slashes just through the skin on the thickest part.
3. Place a bay leaf and some marjoram in the belly cavity.
4. Pre-heat the griddle pan until very hot (at least 5 minutes).
5. Brush with oil & season generously with salt.
6. Cook undisturbed for 4 minutes.
7. Turnover and cook undisturbed for another 4 minutes.
8. Rest for 2 minutes and then serve with some grilled lemon, peppery watercress & fresh bread.
Ready to eat!